Gifts in a Jar
This past weekend, our stake held a “Super Saturday.” For those who aren’t familiar with it, Super Saturday is a day held usually once a year where women get together and work on crafts and service projects and usually have a brunch or lunch.
This year, we had a salad bar for lunch and tons of crafts to work on. I only signed up for a few because at the last few Super Saturdays I attended, I signed up for more than I could finish.
I made a few Santa cookie plates (thanks Melissa and Jo) and a gift in a jar (soup pasta mix). We actually made the pasta soup last night and it turned out really good.
Here is the recipe for putting together Pasta Soup Mix in a Jar:
– 1 quart canning jar with lid
– piece of fabric to cover the lid with
– rubberband to hold fabric onto jar
Layer ingredients in the following order:
– 1 3/4 cups small shell macaroni
– 3/4 cups dried lentils
– 3/4 cups dried diced carrots
– 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
– 3 1/2 tbsp dried minced onion
– 3 1/2 tbsp chicken bouillon
– 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp parsley flakes
– 1 3/4 tsp oregano
– 1/8 tsp garlic powder
Recipe for the Pasta Soup:
– 1 recipe of Pasta Soup Mix in the Jar
– 10 1/2 cups water
– one cooked, shredded chicken breast
Bring water to a boil. Add pasta soup mix ingredients from the jar. Cover and simmer for 40 minutes or until carrots are softened.
Serve with dinner rolls.