Yummy Peanut Butter Cookies
Yesterday, I was in a total baking mood. I made Banana Nut Bread (recipe – coming soon) and Peanut Butter Cookies after church.
I didn’t add anything special to the peanut butter cookie recipe – it’s the recipe out of the Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook. It makes 3 dozen cookies.
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
– In a large mixing bowl (I used my Kitchen Aid), beat the butter and peanut butter with an electric mixer for 30 seconds.
– Add the granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, and baking powder. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.
– Beat in the egg and vanilla until combined.
– Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in remaining flour.
– If necessary, cover and chill dough until easy to handle.
– Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar to coat.
– Place balls 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten by making crisscross marks with the tines of a fork.
– Bake in a 375 degree oven for 7-9 minutes (at 7 1/2 minutes, they looked great – that’s in an electric oven).
– Transfer to a cookie rack and let cool.