Do You Remember When?
Do You Remember When
– you could put $5.00 of gas in your tank and actually get a couple of gallons?
– the rainbow was a sign of innocence (often used in St. Patty’s Day themes or Wizard of Oz or Rainbow Brite) rather than a sign of sexual orientation?
– you could bring hand sanitizer and a crochet hook on the airplane with you without being hassled?
– you could watch a tv show without swear words or people casually sleeping around with other people?
– you could buy 2 gallons of milk for about $3.00?
– you had a choice between beta or vhs?
– you had cassettes when listening to music or books-on-tape?
– Paula Abdul and Debbie Gibson were popular singers to listen to?
– you could buy candy bars for $0.33 each (they’d go down to a quarter when on sale)?
– all you had to worry about was getting your homework done the night before and studying for the upcoming spelling test?
– you could go to the doctor and pay a $5.00 or $10.00 copay?
– Oprah, Donahue, Geraldo, and Rick Lake were the competing tv show hosts?
– you could go to a matinee and pay $3.00?
– pink lipstick and nail polish were the “in thing” to wear?
– crimping your hair was cool?
– New Kids on the Block was the group you and your friends wanted to listen to?
– you could get a scoop of ice cream at Rite Aid (then called Thriftys) for $0.50?
– you could talk about marriage between a man and a woman and not be called a bigot or narrow minded?
Gone are the days of our past? I wonder what lies in store for us in the future?