How to Color Your Hair at Home with AGEbeautiful Permanent Hair Color
Today, on Redhead Mom, I’m sharing about How to Color Your Hair at Home
with AGEbeautiful Permanent Hair Color in partnership with Zotos Professional.
For years, I’ve gone to the salon to have my hair colored and trimmed. This was my very first time coloring my hair at home…on my own…and I was nervous! Honestly, the first thing that came to my mind was Frenchy who colored her hair for beauty school on “Grease” and it turned out pink. I did NOT want that to happen to me.
Before coloring my hair, I did my research (thank you internet and YouTube), as well as visited Sally Beauty and asked a few questions there and looked at hair colors. I also gained a little bit of confidence remembering my mom who always colored her own hair at home. Plus, I have a sister who colored her hair at home, so she was able to give me a little advice too. I have to tell you that the process was not as scary as I thought it would be and I was super impressed with the results afterwards. I did it on my own and it looked good!!! I will definitely be using AGEbeautiful from Zotos Professional in the future!
HOW TO COLOR YOUR HAIR AT HOME
- AGEbeautiful Hair Color
- AGEbeautiful 20 Volume Developer
- Hair Color Mixing Bowl
- Extra Wide Jumbo Tint Brush
- Non-slip Croc Clips
- Bottle (if preferred over bowl)
STEP 1 – PREPARE
- Put on cape. I didn’t use a cape, but made sure I didn’t have colored hair hanging down and dripping everywhere (plastic clips are essential).
- Brush hair. I really like the Wet Brush for brushing my hair. It doesn’t pull, but gets out tangles effectively.
- Apply barrier cream to edges. Conditioner works well. I did this my first time and found a few spots that could easily be missed due to the barrier cream or conditioner. I would suggest having some Neutrogena Makeup Remover Wipes on hand as they removed the hair coloring quickly and easily.
- Put on gloves. This is a very important step as you don’t want your hands staining from the hair color.
STEP 2 – DEVELOPER
Pour 2 oz of developer into a bowl. I used the 20 Volume Developer and poured it into the plastic bowl. Be sure to always use a non-metallic bowl.
STEP 3 – PERMANENT COLOR
Add 2 oz of permanent color and mix well
STEP 4 – APPLICATION
Divide hair into 4-6 sections. Use non-slip croc clips to hold the hair. Apply application to dry hair, starting with the roots. Be sure to apply to resistant grays first – usually the hairline and part. If you want to color all of hair, add solution and clip. Set timer for 30 minutes
**TIP – 45 minutes for 50% or more gray hair
PROCESSING TIME TIPS
- Clip hair up with plastic clips versus metal clips
- Don’t use a shower cap
- Clean up hairline right after application
STEP 5 – CLEAN UP HAIRLINE
I use the Neutrogena Makeup Remover Wipes and remove any hair colors streaks or spots that may have landed on my face or neck while waiting for my hair color to set.
STEP 6 – RINSE
Put on gloves prior to rinsing hair. Rinse hair until water runs clear.
STEP 7 – STYLE
Shampoo, condition and style.
AGEbeautiful anti-aging hair color is the first professional hair color developed to fight all 5 signs of aging hair. It’s also the first color with melanin, keratin peptide, silk protein, and a patented conditioning technology to help replenish hair with the essential components that are lost with aging. Plus, all AGEbeautiful permanent hair color is infused with a boost of moisturizing vitamin E for healthy scalp and hair. I loved the way my hair felt and looked after coloring with AGEbeautiful permanent hair color!
What are the 5 signs of aging hair and the AGEbeautiful Hair color results?
- Thinning: instantly fuller and thicker hair
- Wiry gray: dramatically softer, more manageable hair
- Turning gray: 100% gray coverage for up to 8 weeks
- Dryness: significantly more conditioned hair
- Dullness: visibly more radiant, shiny hair
AGEbeautiful hair color is infused with Vitamin E, which is an antioxidant rich ingredient known for its anti-aging properties. Zotos Professional has infused their AGEbeautiful permanent liquid hair color with scalp and hair moisturizing vitamin E, which helps maintain hydration, resulting in hair that instantly feels fuller, silkier, and radiates with shine!
AGEbeautiful hair color will give you better results than boxed color because they use professional hair dye formulas for better gray coverage than boxed color. Plus, their unique anti-aging formula with melanin, keratin peptides, and silk proteins replenishes the hair with essential components that are lost with aging. Hair feels instantly fuller, silkier, and radiates with dimensional shine.
When selecting a shade, be sure to choose a shade that is 1 or 2 levels lighter than the desired color. If hair has been previously colored, apply to the root area ONLY. Always follow directions for proper timing. I chose the shade 7RC (Dark Strawberry Blonde) and it is a gorgeous red color. I’ve also used the shade 8RC (Strawberry Blonde) and love that one as weel. Plus, I’ve received a LOT of compliments on both!
I loved my experience with AGEbeautiful permanent liqui-creme and will be using it again in the future! It made my hair feel and look fabulous!
Have you used AGEbeautiful hair color before? What shade do you use?