Smartfood Recipes with Chef Jody + Gift Basket Giveaway
I had never heard of Smartfood before this campaign and was curious more about the product. On Thurday, June 20th, the Smartfood brand and SELF magazine named the top-10 SMARTest cities in America. In coming up with this list, the brand looked at five criteria to align with the goal of living and eating well. Each letter stands for a specific area of focus: Savvy, Motivated, Accomplished, Responsible and Thoughtful.
Appreciation for delicious foods with great flavors was just one of the voting criteria. To help celebrate, Chef Jody Denton, Executive Research Chef at Frito-Lay’s Culinary Innovation Center, shared his own flavorful recipes in San Francisco to help make the summer the SMARTest and most delicious to date! Here are just a few of his recipes.
Honey-Blackberry Greek Yogurt Dip
Prep Time: 0 hr 5 mins
Cook Time: 0 hr 0 mins
Ready In: 0 hr 5 mins
Serves 6 to 8
– 3 Cup(s) Greek yogurt
– 1/2 pint(s) blackberries, fresh or frozen
– 3 Tablespoon(s) Honey
– 2 Tablespoon(s) fresh lemon juice
– 1 Pinch(s) Salt
1. In a mixing bowl, smash the blackberries with a fork.
2. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the yogurt, honey, lemon and salt.
3. When ready to serve, spoon the blackberry mixture into the center of the yogurt.
Gently fold the blackberries into the yogurt, but don’t mix completely.4. Serve with Smartfood Cinnamon Brown Sugar Multigrain Popped Chips
Spicy Watermelon Salad with Feta Cheese and Mint
Prep Time: 0 hr 20 mins
Cook Time: 0 hr 0 mins
Ready In: 0 hr 20 mins
Serves 4 to 6
– 6 cups cubed seedless watermelon
– 1 cup red onion, cut thin julienne
– Juice of 2 limes
– Pinch of cayenne pepper
– Pinch of sea salt
– 1 cup crumbled Feta cheese
– 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
– 2 teaspoons coarse sea salt
1. In a large bowl, gently toss the watermelon, red onion, lime juice, cayenne, a pinch of
salt and mint. Mix until well combined, then very gently toss in the feta cheese.
2. Arrange on plates or in bowls and top each plate with a pinch of coarse sea salt and
About Chef Jody
Jody Denton is an Executive Research Chef at Frito-Lay’s Culinary Innovation Center. Chef Jody oversees a team of chefs andfood scientists who apply culinary arts, science and technology together in a discipline known as “culinology” to translate hot trends in food into snacks and approaches them as a culinary experience. Chef Jody has more than 30 years of experience in independent restaurants working for several of the most famous chefs and restaurateurs in the country such as Dean Fearing at the Mansion on Turtle Creek in Dallas, Wolfgang Puck at Spago and Eureka in Los Angeles, Mark Miller at Red Sage in Washington DC, Richard Melman of Lettuce Entertain You in Chicago, Reed Hearon at Restaurant Lulu in San Francisco and Rick Tramonto at Restaurant R’evolution in New Orleans. While at LuLu in the late 1990’s he launched the successful and award winning line of Restaurant LuLu Gourmet Foods featuring a full line of Mediterranean products such as White Truffle Honey, Fig Balsamic Vinegar and Meyer Lemon Marmalade. From 2001 to 2009 he owned two restaurants in the resort town of Bend, Oregon, Merenda Restaurant and Wine Bar, a Wood Fired Mediterranean Bistro with the most wines by the glass of any restaurant in the Pacific Northwest, and Deep, a modern Japanese Izakaya and Sushi Bar.
The Smartfood brand offers a line of snacks including popcorn, puffed corn and popped chip varieties with no artificial colors or flavors and last year launched Smartfood Selects, which boast flavor combinations of real herbs and spices.
1 lucky winner will receive a Smartfood prize pack!!!
WIN IT!!! (MANDATORY ENTRY)
– Tell me in a comment what your favorite Smartfood snack is!
– Follow The Mommy-Files on Twitter – 1 ENTRY
– Tweet about the giveaway – 1 ENTRY DAILY
– Become a Fan of The Mommy-Files on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Become a Fan of Smartfood on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Share the giveaway on Facebook – 1 ENTRY DAILY
– Subscribe to my blog – 1 ENTRY
– Add my Mommy-Files button to your blog and include the URL – 1 ENTRY
– Subscribe to The Mommy-Files YouTube Channel – 1 ENTRY
– Follow The Mommy-Files on Pinterest – 1 ENTRY
– Follow The Mommy-Files on Instagram – 1 ENTRY
– Comment on any Non-Giveaway post on The Mommy-Files – 2 ENTRIES per post comment (no limit)
– Blog about this giveaway and include the URL – 5 ENTRIES
– Contest will close at 11:59 p.m. PST on August 22nd, 2013! Any entries after this time will be disqualified!
– Contest open to U.S. residents only.