Protect Your Identity Both Offline and Online
Emailing, connecting with friends, paying bills, banking – all of these require a person to expose their identity online, Identity fraud in a virtual world is something that can happen to anybody. That’s why it’s really important to protect our identities, and we can do that through LifeLock. Not only is it a pain to get your identity back into security, but you also suffer the breach of your personal and sensitive information!
LifeLock is today’s leader in the world of identity theft protection and information. LifeLock provides its customers with top of the line identity theft protection through a suite of services backed up by state-of-the-art technology. Plus, LifeLock provides information on all aspects of identity theft and threats.
Why is it Important to Protect Your Identity?
Here are some important facts:
– Households earning $100K+ per year have the highest identity fraud rate at 7.4%
– The average cost per person of having identities stolen is $1,513
– 11.6 million adults were victims of identity fraud in 2011 and $18 billion was lost
Alarming Stats for Social Media / Smartphone Users That Have Experienced Identity Fraud
– 6.6% of victims are smartphone owners
– 6.8% of victims are social media users who click on the applications
– 8.2% of victims are social media users who have “checked in” using their smartphone GPS
– 10.1% of victims are LinkedIn users
– Did you know that if you have 6 characters in your password with no symbol, it takes a professional .00022 seconds to break your code?
– If you have 10 characters and one one symbol in your password, it takes up to 20 deys for a professional to break in.
These are pretty scary statistics and makes me want to protect my identity moren than I ever thought. How about you?
Check ou LifeLock’s site, as well as LifeLock on Facebook and start protecting your identity today.