Protect Your Identity and Future with LifeLock + Giveaway
When I was attending Community College here on the Central Coast, I was doing research for a presentation I was to give in my Public Speaking Class. I studied in the library practically every day during the week, and knew all of the employees there, as well as other students. I was putting together a presentation about the symbols on the dollar bill. I needed a book and the librarian took me to get it. Keep in mind that I was only gone for a minute. When I came back, my backpack (which was at my seat), was GONE!
I felt a sense of panic….then anger…..then worry. My life was essentially in that backpack. In my backpack was my wallet, which had my driver’s license, cash, and credit cards, as well as personal pictures. I also had three weeks of notes for a 4-week History class and three weeks of notes for a 6-week Public Speaking class. All of it gone in less than a minute!
I was so glad I had the phone numbers for my credit card and that it was relatively quick and easy to replace my license. But I felt like I had been violated. A backpack filled with my personal belongings was gone – in someone else’s hands – and they could care less how it might affect my life. Thankfully, there were no fraudulent accounts or cards open, but it was a scary possibility that could have easily happened.
This was a minor incident, compared to others, but it still had a huge impact on my life. I’m here to tell you about LifeLock, an industry leader in the rapidly growing field of identity theft protection. LifeLock provides proactive identity theft protection. The key to protecting your identity is prevention, and you can do that with LifeLock.
My backpack was stolen because I left it for a minute, but a person who wants to steal your identity could do so in many different ways. A thief can get ahold of your personal information from trashcans, dumpsters, stolen mail, and even shoulder surfing. Once a thief has your information, all it takes is to open up a few fraudulent accounts and BAM – you’re identity has been stolen!
A LifeLock membership will include:
– Alerts of potential threats – both credit and noncredit related
– Online access to a personalized dashboard showing current threats
– Relentless monitoring for exposure of your personal information
– Member services with local phone support – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
– Stolen or lost wallet remediation services to help cancel and replace credit and debit cards
– Comprehensive recovery services if you become a victim of identity theft on LifeLock’s watch
1 lucky reader on The Mommy-Files will win a one-year LifeLock Membership!!!
WIN IT!!! (MANDATORY ENTRY)
– Tell me in a comment which of the benefits of a LifeLock Membership appeals to you the most!
– Follow The Mommy-Files on Twitter – 1 ENTRY
– Follow LifeLock on Twitter – 1 ENTRY
– Tweet about the giveaway – 1 ENTRY DAILY
– Become a Fan of The Mommy-Files on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Become a Fan of LifeLock on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Subscribe to my blog (email subscription below) – 1 ENTRY
– Add my Mommy-Files button to your blog and include the URL – 1 ENTRY
– Comment on any Non-Giveaway post on The Mommy-Files – 1 ENTRY per post comment (no limit)
– Blog about this giveaway and include the URL – 5 ENTRIES
– Contest will close at 11:59 p.m. PST on Wednesday, October 3rd, 2012! Any entries after this time will be deleted!
– Contest open to U.S. residents only.
I received a One-Year Membership from LifeLock for my participation in this campaign. The giveaway was sponsored by LifeLock. All opinions expressed in this post are 100% mine.