WhoNu? Cookies Review + Giveaway
Who knew that cookies could be healthy and taste good? WhoNu?™ is a new brand of cookies loaded with 20 essential vitamins and minerals plus 3 grams of dietary fiber. The ingenious people at Suncore Products asked the important question, “Why can’t a snack be delicious and nutritious?” WhoNu?™ cookies are designed to look like old family favorites and provide an alternative to indulgent treats that offer little or no nutritional value.
Adding nutrition to a treat that looks and tastes like something a kid would want to eat was an essential factor in the creation of theWhoNu?™ recipe. After all, why pack a treat with vitamins and minerals if kids won’t want to eat it? Because taste drives eating habits, adding essential nutrition to kids’ favorite foods – without sacrificing taste – can improve kids’ total diet.
WhoNu?™ is a new brand of cookies loaded with 20 essential vitamins and minerals, plus 3 grams of dietary fiber, created to look and taste like family favorites. The brand was created to serve as an alternative to other indulgent, nutrition-poor treats on the market, allowing family treat time to be a nutrition-rich occasion.
WhoNu?™ is the only cookie on the market that provides 20 percent or more of the daily allowance of vitamin C, calcium, vitamin D, iron, vitamin E, vitamin B12 and vitamin A, along with 3 grams of dietary fiber.
WhoNu?™ cookies are an alternative to other cookies or indulgent treats that offer little or no nutritional value. They are not intended to replace vitamins, supplements or other healthy eating habits, including consumption of fruits and vegetables.
Nutrition Facts (Based on one serving, or three cookies, of Crispy Chocolate Chip)*
• Calories: 150
• Total Fat: 7g (11% DV)
• Sat Fat 2g (10% DV)
• Cholesterol: 0mg
• Sodium: 100mg (4% DV)
• Carbohydrates: 22g (7% DV)
• Dietary Fiber: 3g (12% DV)
• Sugars: 9g
• Protein: 2g
• Vitamin A: 20%
• Calcium: 30%
• Vitamin D: 25%
• Vitamin B12: 20%
• Vitamin C: 25%
• Iron: 20%
• Vitamin E: 20%
*Percent Daily Values based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Each serving of WhoNu?™ cookies has:
• as much fiber as a bowl of oatmeal (3g/serving)
• as much vitamin C as a cup of blueberries (15mg/serving)
• as much calcium and vitamin D as an 8 oz glass of milk (300mg/serving and 100 international units/serving)
• as much iron as a cup of spinach (3.72mg/serving)
• as much vitamin E as two cups of carrot juice (6 international units/serving)
• as much vitamin B12 as a cup of cottage cheese with fruit (1.2 micrograms/serving)
• as much vitamin A as an 8 oz glass of tomato juice (1,094 international units/serving)
**All nutritional claims have been verified by independent labs
Taste Kids Like
Adding nutrition to a treat that looks and tastes like something a kid would want to eat was an essential factor in the creation of the WhoNu?™ recipe. After all, why pack a treat with vitamins and minerals if kids won’t want to eat it? Because taste drives eating habits, adding essential nutrition to kids’ favorite foods – without sacrificing taste – can improve kids’ total diet.
WhoNu?™ cookies will be available nationwide at major retailers beginning July 2011.
Suggested Retail Price
$2.99-$3.49. Actual price may vary by retailer.
A national advertising campaign will begin in July 2011 to build awareness for the new brand of cookies.
The WhoNu?™ brand is owned by Suncore Products LLC, Denver, Colo.
I had not heard of WhoNu? cookies until I participated in this campaign! I liked the Vanilla Sandwich Cookies and the Chocolate Sandwich Cookies. However, I personally didn’t care for the Soft & Chewy Chocolate Chip cookies or the Crispy Chocolate Chip cookies. My boys really liked the Chocolate Sandwich Cookies, but didn’t care for the Chocolate Chip cookies.
2 lucky readers on The Mommy-Files will win a prize pack, which will include 4 boxes of cookies and a $25 Walmart Gift Card!!!
WIN IT!!! (MANDATORY ENTRY)
– Tell me in a comment which flavor you would like to try.
– Follow The Mommy-Files on Twitter – 1 ENTRY
– Tweet about the giveaway – 1 ENTRY DAILY
– Become a Fan of The Mommy-Files on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Follow me through Google Connect (new on the right side of the blog) – 1 ENTRY
– Subscribe to my blog – 1 ENTRY
– Add my Mommy-Files button to your blog and include the URL – 1 ENTRY
– Comment on any Non-Giveaway post on The Mommy-Files – 1 ENTRY per post comment (no limit)
– Blog about this giveaway and include the URL – 5 ENTRIES
– Contest will close at 11:59 p.m. PST on Sunday, July 31st, 2011! Any entries after this time will be deleted!
– Contest open to U.S. residents only.
I received a sample and compensation from WhoNu? Cookies to facilitate my review of the products. The gift cards were provided for the giveaway by WhoNu? Cookies. All opinions expressed in this post are 100% mine.