“The Last Song” DVD Review
I love romantic movies and was excited to watch “The Last Song” on DVD. It was such a sweet and romantic movie and I loved every minute of it! On Tuesday, August 17th, Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment will release “The Last Song” on DVD and Blu-ray! You can purchase it online and in stores, retailing for $39.99 for the combo pack and $29.99 for the DVD.
“The Last Song,” a coming of age love story, from bestselling novelist and screenwriter Nicholas Sparks (Dear John and The Notebook) comes to Blu-ray Hi-Def Combo Pack and DVD editions from Touchstone Home Entertainment. Bonus features include filmmaker commentary, making of the Miley Cyrus music video “When I Look At You,” deleted scenes, set tour and alernate opening sequence.
Miley Cyrus (“Hannah Montana,” Hannah Montana: The Movie) and Greg Kinnear (Oscar nominee, Best Actor in a Supporting Role, As Good As It Gets, 1997, Little Miss Sunshine, You’ve Got Mail) star as an estranged father and daughter in this year’s most heartwarming love story. Bobby Coleman (Take, Martian Child), Liam Hemsworth (Knowing), Hallock Beals, Kelly Preston (Jerry Maguire, The Cat in the Hat), Stephanie Leigh and Nick Searcy (Castaway, The Ugly Truth) round out the cast. Directed by Julie Ann Robinson (“Grey’s Anatomy,” “Big Love”), The Last Song is set in a small Southern beach town where father and daughter reconnect with the help of their shared love for music. The journey is complete with discoveries of friendship, first love and second chances.
Bonus Features for “The Last Song”:
– Set Tour with Bobby Coleman – Audiences will have an all access pass to see how a film is made through the eyes of the new up-and comer and star of “The Last Song,” Bobby Coleman. This rambunctious eight-year old will bring his fans along as he does everything from interview Adam Shankman and Miley’s security team, to going on a seashell scavenger hunt.
– Making of the Music Video, “When I Look At You” with Miley Cyrus – Go behind-the-scenes of the music video, “When I Look At You.” It will feature recording studio footage, b-roll from the set, interviews with Miley and crew, clips from the film and music video. Audiences will learn how the film’s motif, southern summer romance, is incorporated into feel and theme of the music video.
– Miley Cyrus Music Video: “When I Look At You”
– Alternate Opening Sequence: The Church Fire (with optional commentary by director)
– Deleted Scenes
– Ronnie at the Piano
– Steve & Ronnie at the Beach
– Hospital Montage
– Vegan Cookies
– Juggling on the Pier
– Audio Commentary – with Director Julie Anne Robinson and Co-Producer Jennifer Gibgot.
At its heart, “The Last Song” is a poignant journey for a father (Greg Kinnear) and daughter (Miley Cyrus) who have lost touch with each other and are struggling to find a way back. At the same time, it explores the uncharted territory of young love, as the emotionally closed off Ronnie begins to let down her guard with a boy (Liam Hemsworth) she meets during summer vacation.
Street Date: August 17, 2010
Pricing: 1-disco DVD SRP: $29.99 (US); $35.99 (Canada)
Blu-ray Combo Pack SRP: $39.99 (US); $44.99 (Canada)
Feature run time: 107 minutes
Rated: PG (US); PG (Canada)
Bonus Materials Not Rated in US
Technical specifications may only apply to feature
Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
Sound: BD: English 5.1 DTS-HD 48KH3/24-bit;
DVD: Dobly Digital 5.1 Surround Sound
Languages: English, French
I really loved this movie! There were parts that had me laughing (i.e. what PMS is to a pre-teen boy) and crying (you know the parts if you’ve seen it). The actors were amazing and I am so glad I had the opportunity to watch it! If you are in the mood for a romantic movie, this is one you should check out!!!
I received a copy of “The Last Song” DVD/Blu-ray Combination Pack from Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment to faciliate this review. All opinions expressed in this post are 100% mine.