Wendy’s High School Heisman Blog Tour & Giveaway
I don’t have teenage kids at this stage in my life, but I remember being a teenager and having teenage sisters. Not only was there school, there were extracurricular activities after school. They included sports, music, clubs, and more. It was difficult, but doable, to balance both school and play. Not only was I committed to being a member of a team, but I was also focused on making good grades so I could go to a good college.
College admissions are getting more and more selective as the years go by and being admitted to college is one of the many things that weighs on a teenager’s mind. Thanks to Mom Central, I was introduced to a program called Wendy’s High School Heisman Program. The award is given in celebration of high school seniors who excel in academics, athletics, and community involvement – recognizing them for things they are already doing. Colleges want well-rounded students who demonstrate dedication and commitment, making this program a great tool for the application process!
High school seniors who have a 3.0 average or higher, participate in a school-sponsored sport, and contribute to their community can apply at www.WendysHeisman.com, or a high school educator, guidance counselor, or coach can nominate them. As an incentive, the first 41,100 applicants will receive a free Wendy’s gift card in amounts ranging from $5 to $50. One male and one female from each high school will win the away and continue on in competition for state and national awards. Twelve national finalists will participate in Heisman Weekened festivities during an all-expenses-paid trip Dec. 11-13 to New York City. ESPN2 will feature all 12 national finalists during the Wendy’s High School Heisman Awards Ceremony, which airs Dec. 13. The Wendy’s High School Heisman website will display the names of all applicants and individual school winners on October 22, 2009.
Thanks to Mom Central and Wendy’s, 1 lucky reader on The Mommy-Files will win a $20 gift card to Wendy’s Restaurants!!!
WIN IT! (MANDATORY ENTRY)
– Tell me one thing you participated when you went to high school (i.e. what sport, club, activity)!!
– Subscribe or RESUBSCRIBE to The Mommy-Files (note that I changed layouts and you must resubscribe again) – 1 entry.
– Favorite me on Technorati – 1 entry.
– Follow me on Twitter (themommyfiles) – 1 entry.
– Tweet daily (one entry per daily tweet for this contest).
– Follow me on Google Friend Connect (new on right side) – 1 entry.
– Blog about the giveaway and include blog link in comment – 3 entries
– Add The Mommy-Files button – 1 entry
– Comment on any other “non-giveaway” post – 1 entry per post
– Giveaway ends at 11:59 p.m. PST on Monday, October 5th, 2009.**IF YOU SUBMIT A COMMENT AFTER 11:59 PM ON MONDAY, OCTOBER 5TH, IT WILL BE DELETED**
– Winners must respond within 48 hours of the winning post or another winner will be chosen.
I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour campaign by Mom Central on behalf of Wendy’s and received a gift certificate to giveaway and to thank me for taking the time to participate.